Our current advocacy strategy is guided by the following priorities:
1. Work to improve healthcare affordability and patient access to care by seeking reforms to out-of-pocket medical expenses.
2. Support reduction of the impact of burdensome utilization management protocols on patients suffering from autoimmune and immune-mediated conditions.
3. Address copay accumulator modifiers, prior authorization, step therapy, and other barriers to care.
4. Ensure that drug pricing reform does not impact the ability of patients to access necessary treatment.
5. Support legislative proposals that address health disparities and promote equity for medically underserved populations.
6. Increase funding for research into autoimmune and immune-mediated conditions, especially rare conditions/diseases.
7. Improve awareness of autoimmune and immune-mediated conditions in Congress.
8. Work to educate and empower the autoimmune and immune-mediated community about biologics and biosimilars and support the reduction of non-medical switching by ensuring decisions are between the patient and provider.